Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

so this might not be the healthiest dish to make, but I used the "light" versions of some of the products. and I don't really care too much because I have been craving this, though I've never actually had buffalo chicken before. I also ventured out to make this because the local chains do not make this style pizza anymore :-( and I can adjust the fat content of it by making it at home.

-So get a 12-inch pizza crust (or dough). A whole wheat Boboli crust would be the best option. Sadly my favorite grocery around here does not sell Boboli (don't know why), and I bought a regular crust that the store makes.

-You will also need 1/2 lb cooked chicken, cubed or whatever shape you want (strips work too). I could tell you how to cook it, but that isn't too hard to do on your own.

-1/4 cup butter/margarine. I use the lowest cal/fat margarine as possible. No matter what the recipe calls for. Butter is super fattie and I refuse to use a lot. "Move Over Butter" is my favorite brand of recent.

-1/4 wing sauce. Frank's Wing Sauce is great, but I ran out and was being cheap so I used Louisiana Wing Sauce. Just as delicious.

-1/2 to 1 cup of Lite Chunky Blue Cheese (or ranch if you so desire). I use Marie's or Marzetti's. I ran out of Marie's in the process and luckily had some Marzetti's (was on sale). You will NOT find lite blue cheese in the regular salad dressing aisle. The lite blue cheese is sold in the produce aisle because it is a refrigerated product. Yes, it is more expensive, which could be the glass jar it comes in, but it is as delicious as regular blue cheese! It also has the good homemade taste and will save you some calories!

-around 2 cups of low-fat shredded mozzerella cheese. I bought the bag that has 1-3/4 cups, and that was plenty! But I have found out that the lower fat version of mozzerella is the 2% milk kind, not the part-skim. Skim made it so misleading!




1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Melt the butter(microwave) then combine with the wing sauce.
3. Toss/coat chicken with hot sauce mixture.
4. Spread blue cheese dressing on pizza crust.
5. Top with chicken.
6. Then top the pizza with the mozzerella cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is a little brown. My nose alerted me before the timer! Smelled sooooo good!

Mangia!



No comments:

Post a Comment