Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Virtually Fat-Free Banana Bread!!!! YAY!

so I actually made this last week, and the boy loved it sooo much that it disappeared and I decided to make more! I tried to take pictures last time, but I forgot!
sooooo yeah...fat-free banana bread. doesn't sound right, does it? well, there is obviously fat in bananas....so its not completely fat-free. and the margarine I use has fat in it, but it is the lowest fat brand at the store (pictured under the Buffalo Chicken Pizza). But other than that, no fat! surprise! there is no fat in all-purpose flour! bet you didn't realize it!
and yes, the sour cream is fat free. do not make a disgusted face; it is really good. I do love sour cream as much as the next person, and the fat free kind is a great substitute. and when it comes to baking, it really is used for moisture, not taste. oooo but the taste is yummy and sour!

INGREDIENTS:


  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 cup sugar (splenda too, it's just a little price for my budget)
  • 1/3 cup egg whites = 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda (not pictured)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or adjust to your taste)
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (roughly 2-3 bananas)
  • 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
***I used 1/2 tsp cinnamon and roughly 1/4 tsp cloves. I have cloves powder now because I made some kheer and decided it might be good in the banana bread***



Preheat oven to 350F, and grease a loaf pan. I use butter-flavored no-fat spray.


-cream margarine, sugar, egg whites and vanilla.



















-then add dry ingredients, then bananas, then sour cream.
-mix well.



















Then put in the loaf pan.
**I sliced half of a banana, free hand, over the top of the batter. Thought it might look cool**

















Bake for 1 hour.


Mangia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment